Monday, August 8

A new start

 It's time to find me again, who I am, and what I'm about.

My hubby was knocked off his motorbike and the injuries almost took his life. He was intubated at the roadside and was in a coma for 6 days. He spent 3 months in hospital but nearly 11 months later he is still having to have surgeries and rehabilitation. He has life-changing injuries and is in constant pain. I am now his carer and the last 11 months have taken their toll on me. He has worked hard and can now walk (I say walk, its more of a hobble) with a crutch but he only really has 10% usage of his left leg. Add to that the bones in his right arm aren't healing, he has limited use in his left arm, both knees have no ligaments attached and require surgery and his lungs haven't really recovered from having drainage tubes in them.

Hubby is Autistic and it can make life very difficult, especially as he had a brain injury which makes it difficult for him to understand some things.  My son is also Autistic and has ADHD. My life can be overwhelming sometimes in trying to fit into an autistic household. Trying to keep everything together in a way that everyone is comfortable is really hard sometimes. 

Life is currently overwhelming. I decided I really need a break. To get away from everything and to restore some coping mechanisms and some sanity. I've never done this before. I've never been away on my own. It was always with family when I was a kid, or with my kids and family. 

So here I am today, sat outside a little apartment at the seaside on my own from Sunday to Friday. I'll tell you more 

Annie :)

blog comments powered by Disqus